Sidel Group to champion market-tailored innovations at China Brew China Beverage – CBB 2018
At China Brew China Beverage 2018, taking place in Shanghai from the 23rd to 26th of October, Sidel and Gebo Cermex will present solutions that help Greater China producers, co-packers and brand owners achieve long term superior performance throughout the lifecycle of their packaging lines.
With an expected 2.1% growth of all packaging materials in Greater China between 2018 and 2021 , the soft drinks, beer, food, home & personal care producers in the region need to be ready to address trends like packaging mass customisation in a fast-changing market environment.
Superior reliability and flexibility without compromising product and brand quality
At Booth 1B31 in Hall W1, Sidel and Gebo Cermex will be showcasing the Group’s commitment to future-proof solutions with the Agility 4.0™ programme – bringing smart factories to life and creating a world of greater choice and unique consumer experience – and performance-based services, which focus on maximum equipment availability and a shorter time-to-market. Key to achieve those benefits is effective maintenance. Both Sidel and Gebo Cermex are showcasing their new modular maintenance agreements at CBB 2018: the ‘Time & Material’ for tailored preventive maintenance and the ‘Fixed Price’ agreement for condition-based maintenance at a fixed cost. These new additions are specifically designed to strengthen the Group’s Services portfolio through a holistic approach to preventive maintenance, which helps customers maintain performance at optimum level throughout their production. Additionally, another highlight at the show will be the Sidel Services Online platform, a user-friendly web interface for fast and easy ordering of original spare parts, options and upgrades.
At CBB 2018, Sidel and Gebo Cermex will highlight their market-tailored innovations, designed to increase reliability, flexibility, and agility in the production process. To name but a few:
- The Sidel Aseptic Combi Predis™, an integrated blow-fill-seal-filler solution with dry preform sterilisation, ensures an aseptic production that is flexible, cost-effective and safe. The company recently received Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approval for this solution.
- Talking packaging innovations, Sidel will put a strong focus on the Base OverStroke System (BOSS), a new, patented base mould system adding versatility to production whilst securing maximum uptime.
- The Sidel Super Combi, which integrates five process steps into one single system: preforms feeder, blowing, labelling, filling/capping and caps feeder. By encompassing equipment intelligence, it helps water and CSD producers gain continuous production optimisation and enhanced performance.
- The new EvoFILL Can from Sidel, offering a high degree of flexibility and improved hygienic conditions for the filling of top quality, aluminium cans. Having undergone a complete redesign, the new solution is able to manage a wider range of cans, filling various temperatures and beverage types, thus bringing great filling performance to high quality beverages, like low-carbonated drinks or flash pasteurised beer.
- Gebo Cermex’s AQFlex®, an all-in-one product handling technology, able to accommodate any product, whatever the application, whatever the market, in all container materials, formats and shapes, full or empty, while also enabling automatic changeovers and ensuring total care of product integrity. Thanks to its radically new approach of conveying and accumulation, AQFlex delivers unprecedented packaging line performance. It offers this, together with unique agility and smooth contactless product conveying and accumulation, in a very compact space.
Talking competitiveness, Laurent Bousselet, Zone VP Greater China, Gebo Cermex, comments on the Group’s EIT® (Efficiency Improvement Tool). This market-leading data acquisition and plant intelligence system, currently installed in more than 70 countries, is another company highlight at the show: “The system automatically records 24/7 raw production data, calculates a wide array of KPIs to help measure performance, analyses production issues, detects efficiency loss sources and performs root cause analyses. Designed to ultimately decrease unplanned downtime, it reduces waste and costs, and increases the plant’s output, as it gives employees at all levels real-time access to relevant and actionable information on production-related issues.”
Performance through Understanding
Scarlet Chen, VP Sales, Sidel Greater China, concludes, “Sidel has been supporting beverage producers in Greater China for over 20 years: China Brew China Beverage 2018 will provide an excellent live platform to explain the promise that we – as a Group – make to our clients every day: ‘Performance through Understanding’ and the strategy behind it. Our customers can really benefit from Sidel and Gebo Cermex working together, as the respective strengths and expertise of the two business units are perfectly combined to answer specific requirements of manufacturers based in this region.”
(Sidel International AG)